The balance between the cultural experience of a Fado evening and gastronomic culture that fits best with it, is a daily task at O Faia. Aromas and flavors reveal themselves in a creative and contemporary cuisine, where the tradition and the respect for the Portuguese cuisine is not forgotten.
The talent and dedication of Chef Pedro Pereira and his team, create dishes from bases, marinades, seasonings and spices always present in the Portuguese Cuisine, that are combined with the excellence and freshness of the season products. In the wine cellar, where all the producing regions of the country are represented, and that includes the most important domestic producers and the varieties most representative of each region, you will find the perfect complement to match your meal..
-Couvert: Bread, seaweed flavored butter and marinated olives.
- Turnip and pear creamy soup, black pudding and toasted almonds.
- Portuguese stew terrine, in a bean, cabbage and mint broth.
- Shrimp, pork trotters in coriander, bisque.
- Razor clams in coriander sauce, green beans tempura.
- “Piquillo” peppers, cod and cheese, saffron sauce and balsamic cream.
- Sheep cheese “Azeitão”, roasted apple, walnuts.
- Roasted vegetables and orange in toasted bread.
- Fish pasta stew, shrimps, seaweed and pennyroyal.
- Dried cod loin, and tongues in a stew.
- Lobster and “açorda” (bread, garlic and coriander panada) (+10€).
- Octopus, olive oil and garlic, roasted potatoes, onion and spinach.
- Beef sirloin steak Portuguese style with cured ham.
- Roasted leg of lamb, roasted chestnuts and roots.
- Roast suckling pig, lentil, mushroom and “farinheira” (local bread sausage) stew.
- Duck thigh and sausages rice.
- Beans, chestnuts and mushrooms stew in a pumpkin.
- “Farófias” – meringue, vanilla custard, caramelized walnuts, lime zest.
- “Toucinho do Céu” (traditional egg, almond and squash dessert), fresh cream and red fruits.
- Bread pudding, almonds, pennyroyal, orange.
- Chocolate cake, pineapple, chili pepper, coconut ice cream.
- Rice pudding in the oven, vanilla custard.
- Roasted banana, walnuts, cinnamon, peanut butter and vanilla ice cream.
...OR CHEESE: Portuguese cheese platter.
- 67€ p/ person.
- INCLUDES THE SHOW, THE COUVERT, THE CHOICE OF ONE STARTER, ONE MAIN DISH AND ONE DESSERT.